Saturday 24 September 2011

Vanilla Ganache with Cassis and Violet Gelee Macarons



I've been a very busy little bee this weekend... some gorgeous, glossy pink and yellow macaron shells are waiting to be filled.
Not really sure what the filling will be just yet but I do love the element of surprise. I've prepared some blackcurrants and just have to think of something delicious to pair them with. Mmmmm, a buttercream or ganache? More fruit flavours or something else?

Here's what the blackcurrants look like so far...

And, not forgetting the wonderful challenge held each month by Jamie and Deeba, I've included this post in the Mactweets challenge - Mac Attack #23 Macarons de la Saison... or simply Macarons of the Seasons.

So after some deliberations, for the yellow macarons, I decided on a Vanilla Ganache with Cassis & Violet Gelee. I haven't made macarons for such a long time - I still had to include a hint of violet... I love the flavour and it reminds me of when I was young picking violets in my nanna's garden... aaaah, the joys of SPRING.

Making the vanilla ganache
Little diamonds of violet and cassis gelee!

I put the gelee on first.
And, then the ganache.
Oops, a bit lop-sided but when the lid goes on you can't really tell.


Lovely hits of bliss inside!
And, for the pink ones I created Fruit de la Passion with Blackcurrant Compote.










12 comments:

  1. So beautiful! And I love your two fillings. These are certainly so perfectly springlike! I especially love the tiny square of fruit jelly... beautiful! Thrilled to have these as part of our Seasonal Mactweets challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jaime, it's soooo great to be back:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What absolute beauties - and extra special when you can rekindle the memories. Imagine picking violets? That sounds just so special. And these are certainly living up to them! Can just imagine the parfums...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill, thank you very much for leaving a comment it means a lot to me:) BTW, very impressed with your book... your macarons are amazing! So very jealous that you're in Paris - one of the most gorgeous cities in the world. I've visited Paris several times but haven't yet tasted any macarons at Laduree or Pierre Herme:( but I've got fond memories of Angelina's and their exquisite hot chocolate... mmmm, and not forgetting their Mont Blanc - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What extraordinary flavors and colors. Just scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lora, I'm a bit bias but they're totally scrumdelish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9/28/2011

    Lady Mac is back!!! So good to see your stuff again on MacTweets with not one but two delightful macarons of the season. The gelee looks very interesting (wish I could taste!). I also like the creative smudge on the pink ones, too. Everything is perfect. Happy Spring Down Under!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9/30/2011

    These are absolutely beautiful! It's my first month doing the mac attack challenge and am loving seeing everyone else's ideas...and discovering wonderful new blogs like yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed. Your beautiful macs inspire me. I am going to subscribe to your blog.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hicookery thanks for sticking around when I wasn't well... you're a true gem, valuable and hard to find! Hope all is well in lovely Hawaii. Can't wait to see your lovely macarons. I love your comments - thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi littleloaf, how great to meet you. Congratulations on your first mac attack. It's always loads of fun and you meet awesome people. I hope you have many more:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey HH, I'm subscribing to you too. It's loads of fun getting up to shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.