Thursday 5 January 2012

3 Macaron Flavours in One Day - Violet, Salted Caramel & Hubba Bubba Bubblegum

Tomorrow I'm driving down the coast with my 2 gorgeous girls to stay with my mum & dad  and visit our cousins for a week.  My mum often sees pictures of macarons on my blog but doesn't always get to taste them so I've been busy all day mixing, piping and baking 3 of our favourites and now have a huge container to give her.  

After my very cheeky entry in Mactweets whereby I made a Donna Hay packet mix, I also felt extremely guilty that I didn't go to a lot of effort so here we go guys I hope this makes up for it!  I still think macarons made from scratch rule compared to a packet mix and there's something satisfying about making everything yourself even though it takes forever!

I'll keep this post short as I should be in bed getting my beauty sleep but I ended up making Salted Caramel (again), Violet and Hubba Bubba Bubblegum.  Salted Caramel and Violet to go with some bubbly for the adults and bubblegum and soft drinks for the kids.  Looking forward to some Brown Brothers Cienna Rosso and Zibibbo Rosa!
unfilled shells
a bit of gold bling on the salted caramel

I think my ruffles need a bit of practice
Hubba Bubba Bubblegum
UPDATE: To make these macarons follow my basic recipe and colour them pink, purple or caramel depending on what flavour you decide to make.  

You can find the recipe for Salted Caramel Filling here and for the Violet Ganache here. To make the bubblegum ganache follow Zumbo's bubblegum ganache recipe but replace the strawberry puree with pouring cream (minimum 35% fat) and use 6 pieces of Hubba Bubba instead of four.  All other ingredients remain the same.  No need to make the pop rock insert for this one.  

BTW, thanks to everyone that left comments and apologies for my belated response.  

10 comments:

  1. I love all these eclectic flavors together. Gorgeous macs, as always. You mother is going to be sooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. I have been baking with the French meringue, and just now attempting the Italian meringue, and your tips are very helpful! Hasn't been successful yet, but I'm working on that. Just curious, how do you make your shells look so uniformed? Any tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are what mac-dreams are made up of. I hope you had a great time with your folks. Am sure your Mum must have loved these. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Lady Macaron! You continue to inspire! Many, many thanks for sharing your delicious, beautiful treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 in one day? I'm tired just imagining that! They look and sound divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No recipes? How did you get the violet flavour?
    :)
    V

    ReplyDelete
  7. ontheballpaul1/20/2012

    many thanks lady macaron, i am a chef with a small cafe and have been trying to make macarons for the past 6 months. i had amolst given up till i came accross your blog, i am now using your recipes with much success.
    thank you again for turning on the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul, I'm absolutely thrilled to bits to hear your news. Thanks so much:) A friend of mine recently travelled to Paris and tried 30 macarons from different Parisian establishments including Laduree and Pierre Herme and apparently, mine are up there with the best so if you've mastered macarons from my blog then yours will be up there too! I very much appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your cafe best wishes for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LadyMacaron20ten, I just want to ask, when baking macarons, have you ever used zumbo's method, of putting the macarons in a 200 C* oven, and turning the oven off for 10 minutes, then turning it back on to a lower temperature and baking it for a further 9 minutes, and can you use that method if you are baking using your macaton recipe, I know its a lot of questions, but please try your best to answer, and by the way, amazing macarons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the belated reply. Although, I've used Zumbo's recipe I must admit that I stick to my true and tried cooking method detailed in my basic recipe http://ladymacaron20ten.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/madame-macaron.html
      You could try my recipe and use Zumbo's oven tips but remember that each oven is different and you may have to experiment with temperatures a bit before you find what works for you:)

      Delete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.