Tuesday 16 April 2013

Wing Woo Grocery Store, Wellington Street Central, Hong Kong

Wing Woo grocery store was located in Wellington Street, Central and was one of the oldest stores in Hong Kong.  Apparently, Mr Kwan the store owner started working here at the age of 14, when Wing Woo was run by his uncle and his uncle's friend.  Later, Mr Kwan became the owner and managed the store with his wife for 60 years.  Sadly, just before I left Hong Kong this quaint little store closed it's doors forever to give way to a new redevelopment.  I loved visiting this little store.
This is my recollection of the store in photo's.
Hong Kong's version of the little corner shop!
The shop was so old it requires support to prevent it from collapsing
Different varieties of Rice
Chinese Century Eggs
A treasure trove of magnificent delights!
One of many song birds
Pink Long-Johns - too cute! 
I loved shopping at Wing Woo!

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, the building is ancient! The interiors are so so long ago-ness! Thanks for sharing, very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LittleByLittle - thank you for dropping by and leaving lovely feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, LittleByLitte was me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - I got all excited because I thought you were in Bali!

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.