Tuesday 15 February 2011

Fashion, Art, Perfume & Edible Designer Macarons

Edible artwork on a failed macaron - my first test!
When my 7 year old gorgeous girl grows up she's going to be a fashion and shoe designer.  My other gorgeous girl isn't too sure what she wants to do just yet but has a beautiful sense of style and is a fabulous artist. 


A paper mache shoe made by The Stylish Artist
When we lived in London, I used to take them to the National Gallery and the Victoria & Albert Museum just to draw and colour in.  And, when we lived in Hong Kong, we'd visit the designer shops in the Central district just to look at the clothes and shoes. At such a young age they were already familiar with Coco Chanel, Prada, Christian Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik. 


Moving back to Canberra, Australia over a year ago we suffered a bit of reverse culture shock... WHAT no Louis Vuitton, no Mui Mui, no Jimmy Choo!  I love busy fast paced cities... give me London, Paris, Rome, New York, Sydney and I'm right in my comfort zone. Canberra on the hand has well... nothing.  And, if there is excitement I'm still yet to find it!  I love Sydney and Melbourne because you can still get your fashion fix... it's busy, crazy, exciting and there is always something to do.  Visit Canberra in the evening and everything is CLOSED - WTF.  Must be why Canberrans stay indoors and COOK!

Getting back to macarons, I've decided to create designer macarons inspired by fashion, art and perfume. Vivienne Westwood's "Naughty Alice" perfume inspired my first attempt so make sure you visit Naughty Alice Macarons & the Naughty Alice Ganache before you leave.

4 comments:

  1. Designer macarons sounds very exciting, looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - just hope they turn out and I don't disappoint:) Didn't get off to a good start with Vivienne Westwood but next time I'll try to make them when it's not raining. I also appreciate you leaving a comment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your site!
    p.s I agree completely - Canberra is a horrible city to live in... lets open A late night Macaroon, fashion, art and live music house!! :P

    www.lovekateydesign.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome idea... Canberra needs a soul and I couldn't think of anything better! I reckon it needs to look like a French Boudoir dotted with velvet chaise lounges, glass coffee tables, venetian mirrors, feather boas, corsets and sexy outfits draped all over the walls; and your artwork everywhere (btw I LOOOVE your site). And, that's off the top of my head. I can just see us now sipping an ice cold strawberry dacquari... the balloon glass lined with chocolate and red sugar around the rim - yum :P

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.