Sunday 17 July 2011

Blood Orange infused Olive Oil Macarons



Ok, ladies grab a gorgeous outfit and pick a pair of gloves above and set them aside for afternoon tea as today we are making Olive Oil Ganache Macarons infused with Blood Orange & Vanilla.

BLOOD ORANGE INFUSED OLIVE OIL GANACHE
To make the ganache you will need:
200g white chocolate
100g pouring cream (minimum 35% fat)
100g olive oil infused with blood orange
1 vanilla bean (split in half and the vanilla removed from the inside - use the blade of a knife) 


In Canberra, we are lucky enough to have olive groves right on our door step and "Homeleigh Grove" is a great example of some of the gourmet products available to make exquisite macarons!


1. Place the chocolate into a heat resistant bowl and microwave until melted.  Microwave for 40 seconds in the first instance then at 20 second intervals until ready.
2. Place the cream and vanilla into a small saucepan and heat until it just reaches boiling point.



3. Pour the cream into the chocolate and whisk stirring from the centre.




4. Slowly, add the olive oil and continue to emulsify.  The ganache will get lovely and smooth and thicker as it starts to cool and you add more olive oil.


Homeleigh Grove Blood Orange infused Olive Oil looks like liquid gold!


5. Place cling wrap on the surface and set aside whilst you make your macarons.  Either leave the ganache at room temperature or to speed the process a little you can put it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.  
6. When ready, place in a piping bag and fill your macarons.


Note: to make macarons, follow the basic recipe and add olive green food colouring.  I could have added a bit more as mine turned out more on the yellow side of the spectrum but they still looked really pretty.  If any of you have been following my blog and have recently made some macarons leave me a comment to let me know how you're going:)

yumdelish!

3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I discovered your blog yesterday and started to bookmark nearly all of your creations. I think they're great, much better than most blog recipes I read so far. Your Macarons are looking great!
    I also mastered the art of baking them, but with the French Meringue Method. In my opinion, thats much easier than to boil the sugar. And it works great, too. What do you think about it, is there any crucial difference (i.e.in the macarons texture) when using the Italian Meringue Method?
    Also I noticed that you do pretty classic macarons - colored almond shell and flavoured ganache. What do you think about flavoured shells, have you tried some (like black sesame for example)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. karen! finally uve updated ur blog..:))
    miss ur macarons!!!
    everytyme i do feel like giving up baking, i will browse ug blog to get some inspiration..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear.
    I love your macarons.
    It is really difficult to find good food colourant here in Brazil. I wonder if you could send me some by mail and obviously i would pay you first.

    My email is super_lorenzo@hotmail.com i would appreciate if you email me back.

    Lorenzo.

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.