Thursday 20 January 2011

Passionfruit Ganache

INGREDIENTS
200g 53-56% dark chocolate (bittersweet)
100g passionfruit juice (strain enough passionfruit to get this quantity)
30g unsalted butter (room temperature)

MAKE THE GANACHE
1.  Place the chocolate into a heat resistant bowl and microwave until melted.  Microwave for 40 seconds in the first instance then 20 second intervals until ready.
2.  Place the passionfruit juice into a small heat resistant bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. 
3.  Pour the juice into the melted chocolate and whisk.
4.  Add the butter and continue to whisk until all the butter is combined and the ganache is glossy and smooth.
5.  Cover with cling film to prevent a skin from forming and refrigerate until firm but not solid.
6.  When ready, place in a piping bag and fill your Passionfruit macaron shells (recipe in my next post).


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/07/2011

    OMGosh!!!!! wow i love this site!!! my heart has melted and my arteries are about to solidify!! yum yum yum can't wait to do the passionfruit macarons so excited. As a side note is it possible to use powdered egg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL it's comments like yours that make my day! When I read what you wrote I was grinning from ear to ear and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I'm thrilled to bits - thank you:)

    If you don't want to use aged egg whites you can use fresh egg whites but also add 1 gram of egg white powder. See Basic Recipe. I wouldn't however, replace aged or fresh egg whites entirely with powdered egg white as your macarons may not turn out. Believe me if I change one little thing to short cut the process I'll end up with an epic fail:( Not fun when you've spent 2 hours in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.