Monday 17 January 2011

Pistachio & Rose Ganache






PISTACHIO PASTE
INGREDIENTS
250g shelled unsalted pistachios
60g sugar
15g water (for the sugar syrup)
6 drops of orange essence
extra water as needed (one teaspoon at a time)

MAKE THE PISTACHIO PASTE
1.  Finely grind the pistachios in a food processor.

2.  Place the sugar and water into a small saucepan and cook until it reaches 121°C then pour the syrup directly into the food processor over the ground pistachios.  Add the orange essence and extra water and mix until combined (only add enough water until a thick paste is formed).  Remove the paste from the food processor and knead - best to use gloves for this as oil seeps out.
3.  Divide the mixture into roughly 30-60g lots (depending on the quantity required), put one aside for the ganache below and freeze the others.
PISTACHIO & ROSE GANACHE
INGREDIENTS:
200g Lindt White Chocolate
100g cream (35% fat)
30g pistachio paste
4 drops of rose essence (or to your desired taste)


MAKE THE GANACHE
1.  Gently heat the cream and pistachio paste in a small saucepan until it reaches boiling point and remove from the stove.  Add the rose essence.
2.  Pour 1/3 of the cream and pistachio mixture over the white chocolate.  Using a whisk blend the chocolate and cream by hand, using circular motions starting from the centre of the bowl.
3.  After most of the chocolate has been combined add the remaining cream .
4.  Continue to use the hand whisk to emulsify the ingredients.
5.  Cover the surface with cling film and refrigerate until ready for use - should be firm but not solid.





3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/05/2011

    I just come across your website and WOW!!!! your macarrons are fabulous, perfectly formed and look delicious. I was looking for ganaches ideias and I certainly got some from you, thank you. I will be passing by often, that's for sure.
    ps. I am a pastry chef at a very famous hotel in London and my macarrons are not half as good as yours. Well done and very good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon - you have made my week and I'm beaming! Thank you sooooo much for your awesome feedback. btw, I looove London, I lived there for 4 years but was more interested in shopping than baking. Hope to talk again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this ganache, and matching green macaron. First time I've attempted macaron, and they worked a treat. They're a bit bigger than I expected, I was planning on little one byte wonders, but these 4 bites each; but that's all down to my inexperience with a piping bag.

    Might try the passion fruit and dark chocolate ganache next week.

    thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.