Saturday 7 May 2011

Laduree Sucre The Recipes

Admittedly, I wasn't quick enough to order this book when it was first released but I'm ecstatic that I received a brand new sealed copy from amazon.co.uk in the mail today.  


This exquisite gem is a must for every macaron aficionado's bookshelf.  Packaged like a box of Laduree's famous macarons, luxury and elegance oozes from the moment you open the pastel green box.  Colour and texture is a common theme with Laduree's creations and they've not disappointed with the presentation of this book.  Wrapped in delicate lavender coloured tissue paper and covered in pistachio green suede like material, it's a pleasure to behold - each page embossed with gold.  I love the fact that Laduree's recipes are simple and elegant without being bombastic.  If you follow the algorithms and apply a bit of common sense you can't go wrong.


I have noticed however, that although Laduree use the Italian Meringue methodology to make their macarons in store, they've actually included the French Meringue technique for home use.  Nonetheless, I'll still give it a try.  The book does say however, that for various reasons your macarons can crack - yep I've certainly dealt with this but thankfully, when it now happens I know exactly what I've done wrong.  


Here are some snippets of this gorgeous book.




















7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh! I love receiving books in the mail too! big Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, great to see that you're still checking my blog:) I'm off to make some salted caramel macarons today - voted as the top favourite in our house - then afterwards, I'm going to grab a coffee and snuggle up somewhere comfy to soak in everything from my new book. Lots of fun! Have you got this one too? If not, I'll post some extra photo's. Hope you have a great weekend and mother's day if you celebrate it this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I pop by ever so often! Just to let you know.... I have egg whites laying in wait in the fridge every now and then....!!!! whether they do get turned into macarons is another matter! Whenever I feel that its my lucky day, I proceed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. waaa! i also want this book! and yes, salted caramel is a fav amongst my family and friends here :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just discovered your site and am happy to find another macaron-lover/baker. I also just bought this book and am so excited for it to arrive. I was wondering if you've given the macaron recipe in this book a try yet and have any opinion on how it compares to the in-store one? I'm curious if the taste is very different from Italian versus French meringue method. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Xiaolu, you will absolutely love it! Sheepishly I have to admit that I've not tested Laduree's French Meringue (FM) method just yet as I'm in my comfort zone with Italian Meringue (IM). Although, IM is more stable, the taste and texture of FM is definitely different. I think it's a matter of personal choice but some say that they much prefer FM. I do note however, that Laduree sell the IM method in store but have included FM in their book. So glad to meet another macaron lover too! BTW, the photo of the Laduree Macaron tower on your blog is AMAZING! I'll have to visit you regularly:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the detailed reply! No worries about not having tried the Laduree recipe -- if I could make them as nicely as you do using IM I would stick to it too! I was wondering, assuming you've tried FM, do you find the taste of IM much sweeter? Other than the hassle of sugar syrup, the main reason I have yet to try IM is that it seems to have more sugar and FM is already pretty sweet to my taste. Thanks for visiting my blog -- I'll definitely be a regular visitor here, too.

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.