Monday 10 October 2011

Floriade 2011 - A Feast for the Senses



Every year, Canberra's Commonwealth Park transforms into Floriade, a flower and entertainment festival that celebrates spring.  Floriade is in its 24th year and the theme this year is "A Feast for the Senses".  Floriade runs from 17 September to 16 October 2011.  The garden design is inspired by flavors that stimulate the senses such as chocolate and chilli and was certainly a smorgasbord of colour and a feast for the eyes.  I took some wonderful photo's and couldn't help but share them. The dazzling designs highlight how food influences art and art influences food.  It was impossible to photograph the full scale of the gardens including an aerial view so I included some of the designs just so you can get an idea of how beautiful it looked.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.