Sunday 24 April 2011

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb inspired Macarons

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb inspired Macarons



It would be rather boring if I simply wrote the signature mark of Viktor & Rolf on my macarons.  Instead, I've put my own slant on the design.  I've made delicate pink macarons to symbolize the colour of the Viktor & Rolf packaging with flesh tone ganache which, when bitten into reveals the magic potion of the flowerbomb that explodes in your mouth! It's somewhat difficult trying to capture all the elements of this gorgeous perfume but I was thrilled to bits when my taste testers commented on the similarity to the perfume.




8 comments:

  1. Oh My! That's an awesome rose tone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily, it's a bit of guesswork with colouring but it's exactly the colour I was trying to achieve so am thrilled to bits. Now, I'm just waiting for the ganache to set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Lovely presentation! Did you used black ribbon to tie up one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emily - yeah, I used black ribbon to tie the one in the middle and used the ribbon roll in the first photo to represent the hand grenade pin but it's a little difficult to see because of the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LadyMac, holy crap, I LOVE you blog! You have so many amazing macaron variations and beautifully artistic execution. In love! Are you on twitter? I'd love to keep up with you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - thanks Bravetart. I've checked out your blog too and am in absolute awe of your creations - STUNNING! I'm not on twitter but try to update this blog with what I'm making each week. I'll definitely be a regular reader of your blog too - AWEsome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LadyMac...I attempted macs using italian meringue mtd last nite...and it worked woo hoo! and these are gorgeous...will be trying your recipes soon! see mine at :

    http://kitchenguardian.blogspot.com/2011/04/macaronsitalian-meringue.html

    hv a brillaint weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey KG you're on a roll now, once you get the technique there'll be no stopping you and the skies the limit. I've checked your macs out and they are STUNNING - GOOD ON YOU! BTW, love the colour combination. What did you use on the top: is it lustre dust, coloured sugar crystals or something else? They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.