Friday 23 December 2011

Hattie and Blythe Make Awesome Retro Sweets

I love lollies!  In fact, I love all sorts of lollies.  More importantly however, I love old fashioned lollies and when I lived in the UK I even got used to calling them sweets. This year instead of buying a ready made hamper my two gorgeous girls and I decided to make up our own and I reckon it has to be the best one yet!


This is what we have lollies. Lots of lollies. But oops.... these are really special ones and I should be corrected and call them sweets as they are the old fashioned kind from the UK.  Our new favourite sweets are from Hattie and Blythe  and oh my goodness are we looking forward to Christmas day or what! 


We have got the most enormous tub of Stellar Starr... Defenders of the Taste Planet Retro confectionery that include every fizzy sweet you could imagine.  There are flying saucers, Fizz Wiz, Swizels Fizzers, Sherbert Lemons, Gobstoppers, Black Jacks, Fruit Salad, Shrimp and Rainbow Drops.  Hidden inside the tub is also a little green plastic whistle.  The type of whistle that the kids will get hold of and blow all day just to drive me mad.  And, that's ok because I probably did that too.


Here's what they look like....


Planet Retro  
We also have space lassoos...
Space Lassoos
And, an enormous candy cane...

 And, gobstoppers...

Mmmmm, these will come in very handy indeed when there's too much whistling!


Anyway, so much for me thinking that we were going to open these on Christmas day, the kids got a tad too excited and we could no longer stand the suspense so we absolutely had to conduct a very serious taste test to determine whether they were up to our very high standards!  But I'm sorry I cannot report any more as our mouths are full and they're just soooooo yummy that we will need to test them again just to make sure.  Hattie and Blythe's website is still under construction but we absolutely can't wait for them to open their online store!   Retrolicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.