Friday 25 November 2011

Vintage Cooking in 1912

In between making macarons I'll also be making lots of vintage recipes from 'The Goulburn Cookery Book' twelfth edition printed in 1912.  And, although I've stated that these recipes are dated 1912 they are much older as the first edition was printed in 1899.  This Australian cookery book was so popular that up until 1912 it had to be re-printed each year!  Here are some snippets of this amazing but very fragile little book.  I don't know its previous owner but it has been well loved and is jam packed full of scribbled notes and newspaper cuttings.  Some recipes even mention war coupons!  I think this little gem is really exciting and I love it to bits... so lets start baking and bring it back to life ready for its centenary next year.  Be warned however, that I absolutely cannot and will not cook sheeps head, tripe, liver or the like...  eeewwwww!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.