Sunday 27 November 2011

Recipes from my MUM

Here are a couple of recipes given to me by my mum.


SWEET LAMB CURRY
Parsnip, carrots, swede, celery, onion, tomato, apple, rice, stewing steak, water to cover, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup vinegar, curry powder, salt


Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer till done.  Serve with fresh fruit chutney (see recipe below).


FRESH FRUIT CHUTNEY
1 onion diced, green cucumber, tomato, granny smith apple, green pepper, juice of a lemon, salt and pepper.


Dice all ingredients finely, mix and chill in fridge. Serve with sweet lamb curry.


CHICKEN PAPRIKA
1 chicken cut into pieces, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 red pepper, 1 medium onion, carrots, potatoes, celery, salt & pepper, butter, paprika


Cut vegetables and place in a baking dish; place chicken pieces on top.
In a saucepan on low heat combine 1 carton of sour cream, 1 chicken stock cube, 2 tablespoons water, 2 level dessert spoons of plain flour, salt & pepper; pour sauce over chicken and vegetables; cover in foil; bake in moderate oven for 1 hour.  Remove foil, sprinkle paprika over chicken and vegetables and dot with butter return to the oven for another 1/2 hour to brown.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily... you know what I only just discovered my hand scribbled notes when they fell out of one of my recipe books and I've not cooked these for years! Going to cook the sweet lamb curry on the weekend and will provide an update:)

    ReplyDelete

Little macaron kisses for leaving me a comment. I may not reply to each one but I certainly do read them - thank you.